087 9862686 duncan@duncansmith.ie
Duncan Smith,
Labour Party Councillor
Select Page

Question: Councillor D. Smith “To ask the Chief Executive to provide a go slow sign on Glen Ellen Green at a suitable site in agreement with the residents association?”

Reply: In general Fingal County Council does not provide ‘Slow Down’ signs on roads in residential areas. However ‘Children at play’ signs are placed in residential areas to advise motorists to reduce speed. A ‘Children at Play’ sign is in place at the entrance to Glen Ellan Estate, Swords and it is not considered appropriate to provide additional ‘Children at Play’ signage for individual roads on the estate. Issues of speeding or dangerous driving should be reported to An Garda Siochana who are the enforcement authority.