Labour Party Councillor, Dublin Fingal
Working Hard for Swords:
- Working Hard for the Community. I have two advice clinics every week in Swords.
- Having a 100% record in voting for Public Housing and affordable Housing.
- Working for Sustainable Transport. Greener transport in Swords, through successfully delivering a pilot public bike scheme.
- Supporting Proper Planning in Swords.
- Initiated planning of the Swimming Pool in Swords
- Getting Community Groups Open and Running. Such as Usher’s lake Angling club.
- Active Campaigner on the Social Issues. Marriage Equality Campaign and Repealing the 8th Amendment.
- Supporting Workers in Swords. Supported the cleaners in a local school, who were locked out of their job.
- Working on the Environment. Tackling dog fouling. Pilot scheme to tackle dog litter. Anti-dumping measures in and around Swords. For greener, litter-free, environmentally friendly, and happy communities.
Born and raised in Finglas, I moved to Swords and bought a home in the Castleview Estate in 2008. Later that year when the reality of the economic crisis hit home, I joined the Labour Party. The only political party to oppose the disasterous bank guarantee. I became active in the local organisation by getting involved in local campaigns regarding planning, job losses, better public transport and housing.
I decided to stand in the Local Elections in 2014 for the Swords Electoral Area as I firmly believed we needed new, young voices in our local Council chamber. We are living in extraordinary times where household budgets and local authority budgets are inextricably linked, so if we are to recover, we must act together side by side as neighbours and citizens. I will work night and day to earn the trust and support I need to rebuild the relationship between the community and the council chamber.
News & Updates
Reply: Dear Councillor, I am advised by the Area Foreman that the bin in question was on opposite side of road, and was being used for household waste. Where this is an ongoing issue bins will be removed or relocated.read more
Reply: Dear Councillor, I am advised by the Traffic Engineer that a yellow box will be provided at the entrance to Seatown Villas on the outbound lane towards the roundabout opposite the Fingal County Council car park. This is being done due to the proximity to the...read more
Motion: Councillor D. Smith “That this Committee agrees there is a need for hard traffic calming solutions on Jugback Lane”. Report: The provision of traffic management on Jugback Lane south of Glen Ellen Distributor Road has been the subject of many...read more