Labour Party Councillor, Dublin Fingal
Working Hard for Swords:
- Working Hard for the Community. I have two advice clinics every week in Swords.
- Having a 100% record in voting for Public Housing and affordable Housing.
- Working for Sustainable Transport. Greener transport in Swords, through successfully delivering a pilot public bike scheme.
- Supporting Proper Planning in Swords.
- Initiated planning of the Swimming Pool in Swords
- Getting Community Groups Open and Running. Such as Usher’s lake Angling club.
- Active Campaigner on the Social Issues. Marriage Equality Campaign and Repealing the 8th Amendment.
- Supporting Workers in Swords. Supported the cleaners in a local school, who were locked out of their job.
- Working on the Environment. Tackling dog fouling. Pilot scheme to tackle dog litter. Anti-dumping measures in and around Swords. For greener, litter-free, environmentally friendly, and happy communities.
Born and raised in Finglas, I moved to Swords and bought a home in the Castleview Estate in 2008. Later that year when the reality of the economic crisis hit home, I joined the Labour Party. The only political party to oppose the disasterous bank guarantee. I became active in the local organisation by getting involved in local campaigns regarding planning, job losses, better public transport and housing.
I decided to stand in the Local Elections in 2014 for the Swords Electoral Area as I firmly believed we needed new, young voices in our local Council chamber. We are living in extraordinary times where household budgets and local authority budgets are inextricably linked, so if we are to recover, we must act together side by side as neighbours and citizens. I will work night and day to earn the trust and support I need to rebuild the relationship between the community and the council chamber.
News & Updates
Question: Councillor D. Smith “To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the provision of Broadband to all homes and properties on the road between Lusk and Skerries?” Reply: The National Broadband Map identifies locations and premises by EIrcode for delivery...
Question: Councillor D. Smith “To ask the Chief Executive to request Cairn Homes to clean the site beside Jugback Lane which was recently home to some Traveller families as there is a lot of rubbish left on the site and it is a health and safety concern?” ...
Question: Councillor D. Smith “To ask the Chief Executive if emergency works can take place to fix the cracked concrete casing around a shore on the Green Space at Castleview Walk as it is a Health and Safety hazard?” Reply: There are two surface water manhole...